DANE ARTS AND STARTINGBLOCK MADISON CONTINUE TO FOSTER INTERSECTIONS BETWEEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND THE ARTS WITH TWO NEW ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE - March 24, 2022 | StartingBlock Madison
- "StartingBlock is eager to grow its partnership with Dane Arts to support local artists and to give their members access to new resources, expertise, and experiences that foster creative thinking and business growth."
STARTINGBLOCK’S NEW ARTIST IN RESIDENCE FINDS POETRY IN EAVESDROPPING ON EVERYDAY LANGUAGE - December 6, 2021 | Madison 365
- THANKS FOR THE ARTS AND COUNTY FINANCIAL SUPPORT THAT SUSTAINS THEM - November 23, 2021 | Cambridge News & Deerfield Independent
- "We take this time this week dedicated to giving thanks, to appreciate the recent announcement that Dane County is awarding 46 grants to arts and cultural organizations across the county, totaling $100,000."
SUN PRAIRIE USES ART TO EDUCATE ABOUT STORM WATER POLLUTION - August 17, 2021 | WKOW
"On Tuesday, the city began a project with the Storm Drain Mural Program, which aims inform the public about the dangers and lasting effects of stormwater pollution into Dane County lakes, rivers and streams."
LOCAL ARTIST RODRIGO CARAPIA CREATES FORWARD MADISON’S GAME POSTER FOR TONIGHT’S MATCHUP - June 30, 2021 | Madison 365
APPLY NOW: DANE ARTS TO DISTRIBUTE $1 MILLION GRANT AMONG 400 STRUGGLING LOCAL ARTISTS - May 30, 2021 | Channel 3000
DANE COUNTY BOARD APPROVES $1 MILLION TO SUPPORT ARTISTS - May 21, 2021 | Waunakee Tribune
DANE COUNTY ANNOUNCES $1 MILLION RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR ARTISTS, PERFORMERS - April 21, 2021 | Channel 3000
DANE COUNTY ANNOUNCES $1MIL COVID RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR LOCAL ARTISTS AND PERFORMERS - April 21, 2021 | Madison 365
- "Dane County is making a bold investment in the many diverse artists and creators to help provide the resources needed to emerge from this pandemic.”
- GLAD TIDINGS FROM DANE ARTS - December 23, 2020 | Isthmus
- "The grants are a down payment on a future where the arts are thriving, artists are compensated fairly, and theaters, galleries, classes and events are populated with living human beings. They are a recognition of the resilience and creativity that has helped arts organizations weather precipitous drops in revenue."
- SUPPORTING GREATER MADISON'S RECOVERY ACROSS MUSIC, EQUITY, AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT - December 8, 2020 | City of Madison.com
- "Mark Fraire, Dane County Director of Arts and Cultural Affairs said, 'In alignment with Dane County’s continued efforts to support the local economy during this pandemic and to honor diversity, inclusion, and equity in all arenas, Dane Arts supports this effort to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to generate a stronger more robust music industry.'"
- WISCONSIN YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, PERFORMING AT MCFARLAND HIGH SCHOOL, RECEIVES GRANT - November 12, 2020 | McFarland Thistle
- "County Executive Joe Parisi and the Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission announced Wednesday 49 project and short order grants totaling $128,583 are being awarded in Cycle 2 for “Dane Arts” project grants in 2020. "
- DANE ARTS SPARKS INTEREST WITH ONLINE PROGRAMS - October 19, 2020 | Sun Prairie Star
- "Dane Arts Buy Local Market (DABL) is offering online public presentations for working artists and allies."
- SÍ SE PUEDE 2020: 39 MOST INFLUENTIAL LATINOS IN WISCONSIN, PART 1 - September 21, 2020 | Madison 365
- "It’s critical to recognize and highlight our neighbors whose stories begin elsewhere, or who trace their roots to other parts of the world. Only then will we truly appreciate the contributions we all make to the prosperity of our communities, our state and our nation."
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO FEEL MORE PRESSURE FROM MADISON'S ART COMMUNITY - July 22, 2020 | Tone Madison
- "In the current moment, we should frame public arts spending as a way to advance economic justice, help all members of our community experience more rewarding lives, and address social ills by expanding opportunity and education rather than investing in state violence."
- TO GIG OR NOT TO GIG - July 21, 2020 | Isthmus
- A TIME OF FEAR AND FLEXIBILITY FOR PUBLIC ARTS FUNDING IN MADISON - July 21, 2020 | Tone Madison
- "During the pandemic, Madison's public arts funding agencies have learned how to work faster and secure emergency support from their partners in local government."
- OUR VIEW: COUNTY GRANTS A SMALL BUT KEY LIFELINE FOR WORKING LOCAL ARTISTS - July 15, 2020 | The Cambridge News
- "This year, Dane Arts expects to award over $250,000 in public-private funds to nonprofit organizations, schools, individuals, and municipalities for arts, cultural, and local history projects and programs."
- A SMALL LIFELINE FOR ARTISTS - July 7, 2020 | Isthmus
- "The diversity and range of the artists who received Dane Arts Need Grants (DANG!) is awe-inspiring. They are storytellers, printmakers, fiber artists, musicians, aerial dancers, music teachers, painters, performance artists, comedians and theatrical scenic artists. They all live in Dane County, and have faced partial or total loss of income since mid-March when Madison and much of the world had to shut down events and gatherings to prevent the spread of COVID-19."
- DANE ARTS DEBUTS LOCAL COVID-19 ARTS VIDEO - July 6,2020 | Sun Prairie Star
- "Dane County Executive Joe Parisi joined the Dane County Arts and Cultural Affairs Commission to debut 'Amidst COVID-19, Support Local Artists and Local Voices' — a video created to highlight the many local artists who have benefitted from the Dane Arts Need Grant (DANG!) Program during the COVID-19 pandemic."
- BACKSTAGE WITH BRUNO: A CHAT WITH CULTURAL AFFAIRS DIRECTOR OF DANE ARTS, MARK FRAIRE - June 12, 2020 | Channel 3000
- DANE COUNTY BOARD POISED TO APPROVE $100,000 TO FUND THE ARTS - May 21, 2020 | WORT Local News
- "Next month, the Dane County Board will vote on a measure that will provide $100,000 dollars to support independent artists throughout the county."
- ONLINE: INTRODUCING DAPAR (DANE ARTS PROFESSIONAL ARTIST REGISTRY) - May 20, 2020 | Isthmus
- "This Year DABL will turn its focus to helping artists build their art businesses. To support this effort, DABL will be hosting a combination of live and recorded workshops taught by artists and other professionals."
- DANE ARTS NEED GRANT RECEIVES $100,000 IN ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR LOCAL ARTISTS - May 13, 2020 | Channel 3000
- "Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced Wednesday that the Dane Arts Need Grant (DANG!) Program will receive $100,000 in additional funding to help support local artists in need. Dane Arts will administer the DANG! Program to help offset artists' costs and lost revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic."
- 'THE ARTS SAVES LIVES': DANE ARTS LOOKS TO SUPPORT CREATORS THROUGH CRISIS - May 5, 2020 | Madison Commons
- "Each time they complete a mural, DAMA is leaving behind more than just a vibrant piece of art or reminder of a unique experience — they are leaving behind a static reminder that we as neighbors should always be working to make the world around us more beautiful in whatever way we can."
- STRUGGLING ARTIST IN DANE COUNTY? HERE'S HOW YOU CAN GET GRANT MONEY - April 15, 2020 | NBC15
- "The County will administer the newly launched 'Dane Arts Need Grant' program or 'DANG!'. The Program will provide $15,000 to working artists in the county, including musicians, dancers, actors/producers, poets/writers, visual artists, performers, and any individual working artist."