Attention Dane County Artists
Dane Arts Gallery
Dane Arts is pleased to announce a call for art for the 2019 season of the Dane Arts First Floor Gallery! There will be four art shows during the year. The quarterly shows will run January through March, April through June, July through September, and October through January.
The purpose of the gallery is to offer Dane county artists a place to show their work in a frequently visited public space, and an opportunity for the public to discover and enjoy the work of local artists.
Artists of original, two-dimensional, ready-to-hang, works of art may apply for consideration to exhibit. Artists must be 18 years of age and reside in Dane County. Artist groups may also apply.
Deadline: Friday, October 19th, 2018. The jury will select art for all four shows from this submission.
For more information, and to submit an application, please go to:
Questions? Please feel free to contact Pam Andros, gallery coordinator, at 608-261-9780 or via email at Andros@countyofdane.com.
Dane Arts Buy Local Night Market 2017
Attention all Dane County visual artists and musicians: The Dane Arts Buy Local Night Market 2017 application is now open! Only 28 artists will be selected for this night of artwork and fun. Over the past two years, many artists have sold work on the day of the event, earned exhibition opportunities, and have been offered generous commissions for work following the event. This is a great opportunity to sell your artwork directly to local businesses.
We will also promote music by Dane County musicians, by creating a compilation, from those who submit music, that will be offered to every DABL participant.
If you are accepted into DABL, there are many other artistic opportunities for you to join in as you build your network and increase your market options. DABL 2017 is about creating B2B opportunities for you and local businesses. Dane Arts handles most of the marketing and promoting of DABL as well helping you set up on the day of the event.
Visual Artist Submission: www.dablmarket.com/application
Musician Compilation Submission: www.dablmarket.com/compilation
Deadline: July 1, 2017
2019 CALL FOR ART
Art submissions are to reflect the beauty and splendor of Dane County. Showcased art will characterize the distinction of our Dane County local culture. Favored images will provocatively and positively evoke Dane County. Broad and creative interpretation of the beauty and splendor of Dane County is welcomed. Representation of the stories, history, and people of Dane County are desired.
June 28, 2018 - EXTENDED DEADLINE (received in Cultural Affairs office before or on the postmarked date)
Original artwork in all mediums will be considered. Professionally photographed two-dimensional and three-dimensional artwork will also be considered. Artists must be a Wisconsin resident at the time of submitting a Dane County artists preferred. New artists who have not been selected for past Cultural Affairs publications are highly encouraged to submit work. Selected original artwork must be available in case it needs to be re-photographed to meet production specifications.
All images submitted will be considered for selection. 12-14 images will be chosen for the calendar, and one or more image(s) will be chosen for the poster.
- Completed application form available online or from Cultural Affairs office.
- Submission fees are non-refundable (check payable to Dane County Cultural Affairs):
- Regular fee: $25
- Up to six high quality images; digital format of recent artwork in any two-dimensional medium -- CD or flashdrive.
- Printed list describing work.
- Artist bio of 200 words (maximum) and/or artistic statement.
Selected artists will be notified by July 31, 2018. Wisconsin galleries representing selected artists also will be acknowledged, if desired.
- Selected artists will receive the following honorarium for reproduction rights in calendar, poster, and promotions:
- Calendar: $125 (per image)
- Poster: $500*
- Selected artists also receive a small supply of free calendars and posters for personal distribution.
*Poster honorarium subject to change based upon design.
Selection criteria include:
- Evocation and representation of Dane County cultural life
- Artistic quality
- Balance of seasonal representations of Dane County
- Market appeal
- Illustration of the theme
For Digital Images
- Files must be submitted on a CD or flashdrive and oriented as you wish them to appear when projected.
- Images must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi, with output size of approximately 5"x7" for calendar and larger output for poster)
- Files must be in JPEG format (preferably with sRGB color profile embedded).
- Each image must be labeled with the artist’s name and a number that corresponds to a printed list with the following information:
- Image number
- Title of work
- Date made
- Dimensions (height x width)
- Acknowledgement of gallery or owner, if appropriate
Submitted images should be of highest quality possible, with color accuracy representing original artwork.
E-mail entries will not be accepted.
|Send application and art submissions to:||Contact info:|
|Dane County Cultural Affairs||Mark J. Fraire, Director|
|210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Room 421||Dane County Cultural Affairs|
|Madison, WI 53703||608-266-5915|